The Emperor's Palace

The forum for everyone that consider themselves friends of Emperor Montezuma, to discuss everything between heaven and earth (and whatever else you may have in mind)

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

And here we go again! Welcome, space-cadets!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Montezuma
Grand Emperor
Grand Emperor

Character sheet
Personal Trait: Omnipotent
Society Status: Ruler of the world
Slogan: Obey me, for I am thy Emperor!

PostSubject: And here we go again! Welcome, space-cadets!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:46 am

Alright, so Iíve been giving this some thought now and I think Iím at a point where I can start to elaborate a bit about this new RPG and hopefully get some feedback on what sounds alright and whatnot. Smile

So, what's up?
Well, Iíve been wanting to start up a small RPG on these forums again for quite some time, ever since the last forum went bananas and burned up (or whatever happened to it). So far the response to this wish has beenÖ not exactly enormous (honestly, Xpnz was the only person willing to start an RPG anew) but I didnít let that stop me. cheers And since I donít actually have anything better to do and the idea of a new RPG does seem compelling, I figured: What the heck. Letís do it. Cool

Xpnz did give me an idea for a concept: Science-fiction. Far future. Spaceships. Aliens. Human colonies. You, know, the works. It fits well since we did try out a typical fantasy RPG the last time, so Iíd be nice with something a little bit different. I know there are people that probably wonít buy this concept - and thatís fine. You canít please everybody. But personally I think that this will be just as fun as any fantasy world, if not better. Itís not just about the concept Ė itís what you do with it. Cool

Anyway, Iím rambling. I started thinking more about the concept and after some time Iíve gotten some ideas. Some headlines:
ē The year is 2285. Humanity has expanded beyond our own galaxy, forever searching for new opportunities and possibilities. We have reached the borders of the Andromeda Galaxy, and in the process met several alien life forms. Some hostile, others peaceful.
ē The old Earth is gone; or at least as we know it. It is now for the most part a barren wasteland, used mainly by the United Human Alliance as a mining facility.Why? I'll let that be a mystery for a little while longer....
ē Humanity spans over more than dozen planets, each unique. The most important planet is Eperoch; a bigger planet than Earth, boosting perfect living conditions and no real hazards, as well as an excellent strategic location in the Milky Way. The biggest human city, Apego, containing more than 4 billion people, is on this planet. The central government (UHA) is also here, as well as some of the most important figures in this time.

So, what I want is feedback. Anyone interested in this at all? What sounds good, what doesn't? I also encourage everyone to check out my other sticky topic on this forum about the wiki. It contains some useful information. I'll post RPG-guidelines later.
Phew... long post! afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://famousthomas.nice-forums.com
Xpnz
Baron
Baron

Character sheet
Personal Trait: Too lazy for his own good
Society Status: On top of the world!
Slogan: Do nothing, gain everything!

PostSubject: Re: And here we go again! Welcome, space-cadets!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:19 pm

I'm of course interested! very nice story indeed! Got all classic and non-classic aspects to it. Now all we need is some more people! It's a bit small with two people Wink

But seriously nice story!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sau.no
Montezuma
Grand Emperor
Grand Emperor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: And here we go again! Welcome, space-cadets!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Xpnz wrote:
I'm of course interested! very nice story indeed! Got all classic and non-classic aspects to it. Now all we need is some more people! It's a bit small with two people Wink

But seriously nice story!

I agree about having more people. I'll ask around. If you know anybody, feel free to tip them about the site. I don't mind.
Well, as far as story goes, this is just really, really basic. It's more background information than anything. The epic storyline will of course be the one you create yourself; that's the magic of roleplaying! Cool
Back to top Go down
Xpnz
Baron
Baron

Character sheet
Personal Trait: Too lazy for his own good
Society Status: On top of the world!
Slogan: Do nothing, gain everything!

PostSubject: Re: And here we go again! Welcome, space-cadets!   Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:37 am

Indeed it is! But more people would also make it so much more epic Smile I don't know anybody that would take interest i think... I think rather you should use some epic-suppah-emperah-powah and get some people Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sau.no
Montezuma
Grand Emperor
Grand Emperor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: And here we go again! Welcome, space-cadets!   Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:53 pm

Well, I'm trying. It's going slow though. I'll post some RPG guidelines in the meantime. Just hope people are willing to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And here we go again! Welcome, space-cadets!   

Back to top Go down

And here we go again! Welcome, space-cadets!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1