The Emperor's Palace

The forum for everyone that consider themselves friends of Emperor Montezuma, to discuss everything between heaven and earth (and whatever else you may have in mind)

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Memphis "the WildCard"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Montezuma
Grand Emperor
Grand Emperor

Character sheet
Personal Trait: Omnipotent
Society Status: Ruler of the world
Slogan: Obey me, for I am thy Emperor!

PostSubject: Memphis "the WildCard"   Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:25 pm

"Hey, sir! You want that in a bag or something?"
Memphis quickly turned, a bit startled by the high-pitched voice of the trader. He had been daydreaming again, imagining a better landscape than the bleak streetcorner just outside. It was still raining.
"Thanks. If you have one." he said casually.
The trader smirked as if he found it funny and started to push all the food into a paper bag. Memphis turned his gaze towards the street once again. This time, however, he was on the lookout for something else.

Things had been going bad lately. Most of the shops in the Barracuda district had been thrashed by a (so far) unknown gang. This was Wall's area, and she had been insanly irritated that she had no clues as to who was responsible. Memphis had suspected Forcefield, even though this new raid didn't look like their work. Worse was the fact that FF had grown considerably larger these last months - an intel he had handed to his contact in the UHA. They didn't seem to take it as serious however; the recent letter from them only told him to stay calm and not worry about "the petty gangs". Well that was the problem, wasn't it - they were gradually becoming more than local thugs. He wondered whether or not he should have listened to Shane when he had suggested at the last meeting to recruite new youngsters to their cause instead of letting them go to Forcefield. Ultimately though, Memphis had objected to it. He didn't like the thought of having dozens of unskilled strangers under his wing. It just didn't feel right.

The worst problem however, was that Watergirl hadn't showed up on their last council - and she always showed. None of the others had any idea were she was - not even her closest sergeants. She had not been home, and no one had seen her since Friday.
That was two days ago, and Memphis was really starting to worry. The Romber Isle, her designated area, had also been... eerily quiet these last weeks. Too quiet, Memphis thought.
So here he was now. He had been to Marcus' bar, "The Hold-Up", where she usually went in her spare time. No one had seen her there. He'd also visited some of the local traders, but everybody claimed that she hadn't been there for any pickups since last Tuesday - which was even weirder.
It was starting to get dark. Maybe he should return back home now. He just had to bring this food to Queen first; she had caught a bad cold and had rendered herself "completely helpless" and in need of help.

"Hey!" the trader said suddenly, "You new to this area?"
Memphis almost had to smile - the kid in front of him probably didn't know who he was talking to.
"Something like that. So what?" Memphis responed, and was about to leave with the bag.
"What, so you haven't heard about the murders then?" the traider continued.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://famousthomas.nice-forums.com
Xpnz
Baron
Baron

Character sheet
Personal Trait: Too lazy for his own good
Society Status: On top of the world!
Slogan: Do nothing, gain everything!

PostSubject: Re: Memphis "the WildCard"   Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:54 pm

"Murders"? Memphis said

.."What murders"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sau.no
Montezuma
Grand Emperor
Grand Emperor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Memphis "the WildCard"   Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:54 pm

About time! Razz

The trader smirked and started to prepare a cigarette.
"Yeah, that's what I thought...." he mumbled. "Started to happen some weeks ago. They found this broad in one of them upper apartments. In Richterburg, I think. She had her face removed, man." He made a disgusted face. " I really mean it. Like - all gone." he continued after lighting his cigarette.
"Then, exactly one week later - same shit happens. Different area, but this very same district. Also a lady. Same pattern, man. Face off and everything. Creepy stuff. Then, just three days ago, it happened again." The trader took a deep breath.
"From what I hear, the police are clueless. I can assure you, people are starting to freak out. I'm glad I'm no woman."
Back to top Go down
Xpnz
Baron
Baron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Memphis "the WildCard"   Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:46 am

Memphis immediately felt uneasy. He paused a bit before he asked the man "No leads? Have they been able to identify the victims? And who is in charge of the investigation? Perhaps i know him".

Right after saying this his only thought was to try to get information from UHA about the case, and if he were lucky, be allowed to review the crimescenes, the case-file, and all that.
Back to top Go down
Montezuma
Grand Emperor
Grand Emperor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Memphis "the WildCard"   Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:02 pm

"Excuse me?!" the trader said, once again in a high-pitched voice. He sounded surprised.
"Don't come here and tell me your some kind of....cop? 'Cause if you are, I didn't know anything about that drug they were selling on the streets up here..." he said, obviously a bit fearful. "Well, uh... I've heard stuff I suppose. But I don't deal with that stuff no more! See? That was a long time ago, man!"
Back to top Go down
Xpnz
Baron
Baron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Memphis "the WildCard"   Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 am

Memphis answered immediately "Relax! I'm not a cop, not at all. Quite the opposite actually... But that's not important, you mentioned a drug?"

While asking that last question he did what he could to get an answer with his body-language. While still trying to be friendly, he tried to be hard and decisive and take advantage of the obvious fear in the man's voice
Back to top Go down
Montezuma
Grand Emperor
Grand Emperor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Memphis "the WildCard"   Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:03 pm

The trader looked at Memphis suspiciously.
"Like I said, I don't know anything about that, man! Now, do you want anything else?" he said, somewhat irritated. Obviously your attempt at intimidation didn't fall through.
Back to top Go down
Xpnz
Baron
Baron

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Memphis "the WildCard"   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Memphis was so worried that he couldn't let it go so he "shifted gears" and said loud and decisively: "I am Memphis the Wildcard! I know you know who i am! If you don't tell me what i need to know immediately i will shut you down right here and now!"
Back to top Go down
Montezuma
Grand Emperor
Grand Emperor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Memphis "the WildCard"   Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:31 pm

The trader nearly jumped back into the wall.
"Oh shit! You're kidding me right?! I didn't know, man! Sorry! Really, I'm sorry! Shit, how could I know what..I mean....this is crazy, man!"
He fumbled with his words and stuttered for a while, but finally calmed down.
"Again, I'm sorry! Why didn't you tell me in the first place? Watergirl's always in here, buying cigars and stuff they don't carry in them other shops.... Huh... now that I mention it, haven't seen her lately. But what can I help you with, boss? 'Cause tecnically, that's what you are to me... he, he!"
He grinned falsely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memphis "the WildCard"   

Back to top Go down

Memphis "the WildCard"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1